Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My answers--part1.

Here comes the second subject “instrumentation in petrochemical industries”…

Another dry (sorry, driest subject)...
Here are the answers I wrote in my exam paper…I was totally surprised to see my mark 38 upon fifty while I concluded that I will flunk after coming out of the exam hall…
This post of mine is divided into three parts….
Q1) Discuss the refining process of crude petroleum in detail with necessary block diagrams.
Got ten out of ten. (Thought she will score off the entire answer)..
This shows the leniency of the professor {. All “Anna University” papers are corrected in this way.}

Refining process of crude petroleum:

• At first it is essential that the crude petroleum is refined.
• The crude petroleum is refined in a fractional distillation column.
• Thus the components of petroleum are divided into-
• Higher and Lower components.
• Lower components being propane, n-butane, pentane and oil gas.
• Higher value components are separated based on their commercial values.
• The higher value components being diesel oil and kerosene.
• They are subjected to various reactions and are thus repeated.
• These are the various processes that are involved in the refining process of crude petroleum.
• There are various impurities that are present in the crude petroleum.

No comments: